The programs within the University of Cincinnati's College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning are, year-after-year, ranked among the very best in both a world and national class. For instance:
- Every two years, BusinessWeek magazine ranks the international elite of design programs, the top 30 design schools on the planet. UC routinely makes that world-class list.
- I.D. (International Design) magazine, listed UC among the globe's Top 10 design schools, and the only public institution to make that list.
- DesignIntelligence 2016 rankings place our undergraduate Industrial Design program among the top five in the nation!
- Also for 2016, DesignIntelligence ranked our undergraduate Interior Design program fourth nationally, our Master of Design program fourth nationally and our Master of Architecture program at number 17 in the nation.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UC's graduate program in design at sixth in the nation.
- An industry publication, Planetizen, ranks our Planning graduate programs in planning amongst the best, fourth in the Midwest and 16th in the nation.
- GDUSA magazine rated DAAP as 2014 Top Design School.
There are other national rankings as well; however, any academic program, college or even university is more than its rankings. They only point to a larger reality.
Within DAAP, you'll have the opportunity to work with students, faculty and industry leaders in all of our disciplines, as well as with students, faculty and professionals from throughout the university, including business, engineering, medicine and more. You'll engage in real-world projects brought to us by regional, national and even international clients. The goal: improving the quality of life through innovations in art and design.
What's more, many of our programs include cooperative education. Cooperative education is where students alternate quarters or semesters in the classroom with quarters or semester of paid, professional work. UC's co-op program is ranked among the Top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Via co-op, our students literally work around the globe to expand their educational options while building impressive resumes and professional networks. It's safe to say: no design program in the nation can match UC's co-op program.
Our accolades are accompanied by a great responsibility to our students. We are dedicated to living up to our acclaim by both challenging our students academically while supporting them personally in a place where students are engaged, prepared for lifelong practice and invited to lead in their respective fields.
Dean Tim Jachna